A New Challenger Appears!
Update 1.6.0 marks the arrival of our most requested feature to date – AI opponents!
Or, more accurately, one AI opponent to start. Her name is Machina, and she’s ready to duel when-ever, where-ever. And what’s even better, you’ll still get experience and dust from playing against her.
But beware, her skills and reflexes improve as you gain levels and rating. So when you improve she does too.
Now we’re guessing that there might be a bug here or there that’ll appear once she arrives in The Beyond, and there’s undoubtedly a lot more tuning ahead of us once we get more data and feedback. But for now, play a few matches (or a ton of matches!), and let us know what you think.
The Most Exciting Season Yet!
Season 11 will begin on Friday, August 23 and end on Sunday, September 8. This will be the shortest season yet, so everyone has a chance to compete for a top spot! The winner will get a free Wands T-shirt and a free copy of Wands on any platform of their choice!
1.6.0 Patch Notes:
- AI opponent
- Skill-based matchmaking for competitive duels
- IK for players on 6DoF platforms
- Tips and tricks on the Monolith
- Ticking sound effect during the last 30 seconds of a match
- Haptic feedback for spells is now more accurate and consistent
- Player’s HUD does not appear until the match begins
- Players earn relic dust for achievements in every match
- General optimization and performance improvements
- Armor of the Sun is now destroyed by damage per second after taking 3 HP worth of damage
- Armor of the Sun blocks 2/3 of incoming damage instead of 70%
- Chaos Leap mana cost increased from 20 to 25
- Disc of Antioch starting bounces reduced from 2 to 1
- Dragon’s Breath has been reworked to deal damage whenever a flame appears to hit
- Dragon’s Breath now has a startup cost of 10 mana
- Flaming Phoenix’s maximum lifespan reduced from 60 seconds to 10
- Uncharged Magic Missile mana cost increased from 15 to 20
- Damage per Magic Missile increased from 8 to 12
- Skull Specter appears instantly when cast
- Skull Specter damage reduced from 20 to 15
- Skull Specter cannot be double cast on the same tile at the same time
- Disc of Antioch is less likely to pass through Heavenly Dome
- Players waiting for a competitive duel no longer appear in the Join Friend menu
- The survival mini-game has been removed
- Invite Friend functionality on Oculus platforms has been removed
See you all in The Beyond!